Now What?

  1. Start a claim with the insurance company. If you are not the insured the person at fault will have to start the claim with their insurance. If they will not do that you may have to request that your insurance company contacts the customer at fault.
  2. If there is any chance your car may be dangerous to drive or may cause more damage, contact our towing company.
  3. Ask if you have rental coverage. If you are not at fault, the insured’s insurance company should provide you a rental.
  4. Select your shop. Carefully consider your options and go with the most qualified facility.  
  5. Set up a drop off date and a rental car pick-up to coincide with one another. Upon delivery we will complete a comprehensive evaluation of your vehicle including an inspection for recalls and a computerized vehicle scan.
  6. Lastly, relax and let us take it from here. An auto accident is stressful and the paperwork is time consuming . Let Lindley’s take the stress for you!
  7. Vehicle pick up!


Q: Can I take my car to the repair shop of my choice?

A: In the state of Oklahoma you have the right to have your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice You have the legal right to choose a repair shop to fix your vehicle. 

Q: Am I responsible for obtaining more than one estimate?

A: No. Your insurance company may require more than one estimate before settling your claim. Multiple estimates help insurers determine the extent of your loss and prevent fraudulent claims.

Q: Can I have my vehicle repaired with original equipment parts … and will the insurance company pay for them?

A: If parts are being replaced on your damaged vehicle, your insurance company is required to pay for original equipment (OE) parts, unless you agree to aftermarket parts (parts not made by your vehicle’s manufacturer). However, your insurance company is only responsible for restoring your vehicle to the way it was before it was damaged. If your vehicle was not new at the time of the loss, the insurer does not have to pay for new OE parts. They must pay for parts of “like kind and quality” (OE parts of comparable age and condition). If you request new OE parts on an older vehicle, you may have to pay the difference.

Q: If I do not agree with my insurance company about the amount of damage, is there something I can do?

A: Yes. If you disagree with the insurance company about whether they have met their requirements under the law, contact the Department of Commerce Response Team. 

Q: Do I have the right to a rental car?

A: If you have not purchased rental car coverage and:

  • You were responsible for the accident, you would not be entitled to reimbursement under your policy.
  • The other driver is determined to be liable for the accident, you would have the right to seek reimbursement from the other driver’s insurance company If you have purchased rental car coverage:
  • You can file a claim with your own company for reimbursement, or
  • If you do not want to file a claim with your own insurance company and the other driver was liable for the accident, you have the right to seek reimbursement from the other driver’s insurance company. 

Q: How long will my repairs take?

A: Each repair situation is different. It can depend on the severity of the damage, the parts availability, and additional hidden damages that may be found once your vehicle is in the shop for repairs

Q: What is a deductible?

A: car insurance deductible is the amount of money you have to pay toward repairs before your insurance covers the rest.. For example, if you’re in an accident that causes $3,000 worth of damage to your car and your deductible is $500, you will only have to pay $500 toward the repair AND the insurance will pay $2500.